Saturday, February 12, 2005

A Day of Firsts

I think back over today and I notice several firsts:
-Today was the first time in two weeks I woke up before 11, had a bowl of cereal, didn't turn on TLC, cleaned my room, went to the gym, ate lunch, took a shower, and made it to work by 2:15. Amazing, I know.
-Today was the first day in a dozen or so days that I did not have a Dove chocolate. Those things are my current addiction, but I made it by just fine without it.
-Today was the first day I have ever been at work after 2 a.m.
-Today I had 5 missed calls on my phone after work. I haven't felt that important in at least a good month and a half.
-Today my mother sent me an email to the CORRECT email address for the first time in months.
-Today I was told, "You're beginning to sound like Ms. Hutchins (the supervisor of my dorm) and I don't like it" by one of the kiddos for the first time. Sounds like I'm doing a good job!
-Today I enjoyed tomato soup for the first time in my life.
-----AND-----
-Today will go down in history as the day Ms. Starnes was spit on for the first time ever. Yep. Spit. In the face. Mouth area to be exact.
I was in my second management ever tonight. It was a beauty. She is one of my two least favorite clients, and from the spit I think she may know it. Ha. She obviously doesn't like me and I almost chuckled as I had her restrained. I wanted to be like, "Look who is winning now?" as I held her to the ground. (You see, her and her peer beat me at a game of bball a few weeks back, and she bragged all night about it. ) The whole thing was scary, but the important thing is that the client and staff all remained safe. I guess the new definition of getting spit on is: taking one for the team. That's how I have to look at it, atleast.
Well, I am finally calmed down a bit now. I think there was something else I wanted to write, but I'll do it later.
Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home