Monday, February 21, 2005

The never-ending joy of SET continues

The only thing positive I can say about today's work experience happened just minutes before I left. Two clients almost got in a fight over my SET cards. I know, "'almost got in a fight' what is so positive about that?" But the key is that they were both wanting to play with my SET cards. On the inside, I smiled. I introduced the SET to the girls a few weeks ago. There were 4 or 5 girls who became interested in it immediately. It was so exciting to be in the kitchen cooking dinner and hearing, "Set, Set, Set, Set" in the Great Room. You'd almost have to be me to completely feel the joy I felt. But since then, my SET cards have been floating between three of the girls. I now use SET as a consequence or reward. Like today I said, "M---- if you don't go to your room right now, I'm going to take my cards away from you." I don't think she believed me, because she didn't listen, and five minutes later, I took the cards from her and gave them to her peer who had been asking for them. She looked at me in disbelief and disgust. I guess she'll learn. Oh the power I may have thanks to a little game I learned of a few years ago...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home